At VKMD Institute, we understand the importance of receiving proper training to kickstart a successful career in esthetics. That’s why we started this school – to solve the issue of students wanting to enter this field, but not receiving the quality education they need to excel.
Have a question that’s not answered here? Please text us or give us a call at (719) 988-3141
Our school is different from others because our founders also own the esteemed medical spa Springs Body Sculpting in Colorado Springs. This unique partnership allows us to offer hands-on opportunities with cutting-edge devices that no other school can provide, as well as exposure to top skin care lines and other industry-leading products.
Furthermore, we offer internship opportunities at our Medical Spa to help students gain real-world experience and learn from seasoned professionals in the field. We do everything possible to prepare you to excel in your career right from the start, whether you’re interested in working at a spa or pursuing a career in medical esthetics.
At VKMD Institute, we are committed to providing a comprehensive and advanced curriculum that covers all aspects of esthetics, including hands-on training, safety, sanitation, disinfection, chemistry, anatomy, physiology, skin analysis, and much more. Our experienced instructors are passionate about teaching and helping students reach their full potential. Come join us, and let us help you launch a successful career in the exciting and rewarding field of esthetics.
Credits / Hours / Course Information
Length: 600 hrs
To Be Completed Over 5 Months In-person
- 7 Credits / (210 Hours) Facials & Skin Care
- 3 Credits / (90 Hours) Hair Removal
- 1 Credit / (30 Hours) Facial Makeup
- 1 Credits / (30 Hours) Law, Rules & Regulation
- 1 Credit / (30 Hours) Management, Ethics, Interpersonal skills & Salesmanship
- 7 Credits / (210 Hours) Disinfection, Sanitation & SafeWork Practices
20 Credits / 600 Hours / FuIl Time 94 Days Certificate program
Our Esthetics program is designed to train each student to have the skills , safe judgment, proper work habits, and positive attitude to not only pass the State Board examination but also to excel as an Esthetician or a in another related area of work.
Objectives of the Esthetic Program
Upon completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- Project a positive attitude and self-confidence
- Practice proper grooming and communication skills
- Learn an employer-employee relationship and to respect and do the best service they can
- Gain knowledge of equipment used, use their skills for a facial massage, proper application of corrective makeup, hair removal and lash and brow tinting, etc. Each student will learn the theories and technical information needed to succeed and make sound judgments as it relates to the procedures that they are completing
Tuition & Fees
Other Important Information
- Students are required to wear basic black scrubs (top and bottom).
- Current Financing Options:
- Tuition can be broken up into 4 payments of $2637.25. The first payment needs to be received before the start of classes, and the remaining 3 are to be paid at 5-week intervals (week 5, week 10, and week 15). Tuition must be paid in full to graduate.
- The course will be in-person.
- Each student will receive a Student Kit which includes a travel bag, practice model (head/neck/shoulder mannequin), basic facial tools, and essentials from the Dermodality Skin Solutions line.
- Classes will be Tuesday through Friday
Part Time Available (9 Month Program)
- MOD I HOURS AND DAYS = 10WEEKS / 40 DAYS 5:30 p.m. to 9:30p.m. Monday-Thursday
- HOURS PER WEEK = 16 HOURS = 160 HOURS
- ONE SATURDAY PER MONTH = 6 Saturdays 8:30 a.m – 4:30 p.m. = 40 hours
- MOD II HOURS AND DAYS = 25 weeks / 100 days
- FROM 5:30 p.m TO 9:30 p.m Monday- Thursday = 400 hours
- This is equivalent to 16 hours per week.
- A total of 600 hours / 35 weeks / 146 total days for the part time 9-month program
Microdermabrasion and Chemical Peel Certification (** ONLY for licensed Estheticians or Cosmetologist) @ 800.00 per class.
What Do you Teach in Your Class?
Hands on Experience
At VKMD Institute, we understand that becoming a successful esthetician requires more than just book learning. That’s why we offer advanced and practical hands-on training that will help you feel comfortable providing all the latest treatments and techniques to launch your career and accelerate your success. Our program covers a wide range of topics, including:
- Facial Treatments
- Skin Analysis
- Natural nail manicures
- Natural nail pedicures
- Paraffin Treatments
- Facial Waxing
- Body Waxing
- Eyebrow Contouring
- Hand/arm Massage
- Foot/leg Massage
- Back Massage
- Scalp Massage
- Neck & Decollete Massage
- Hot Stone Treatment
- Brow Lamination
- Manual Lymphatic Drainage
- Intro into PCA Peels
- LED Facial Machine
- Intro into Laser Treatments
- Specialty Masks
- Acne Treatments
- Basic makeup application
- False Eyelash application
- Eyebrow tinting
- Eyelash tinting
- Eyelash perming
- Eyelash Extensions
- Corrective Makeup Application
- Body Bronzing
- Basic Chemical Peeling
- Skin Exfoliation Techniques
- First Aid, CPR, and AED
- Facial Massage
- High Frequency Facial Machine
- Galvanic Machine
- Microcurrent Machine
- Skin Exfoliation Techniques
In addition to practical hands-on training, we also offer classroom lectures to provide a solid foundation of theoretical knowledge, including:
- Skin Care History and Opportunities
- Sanitation and Disinfection
- Anatomy, Physiology, and Histology of the Skin
- Product Ingredients
- Electricity Basics
- Skin Disorders and Diseases
- Skin Analysis
- Basic Facial Theory
- Theory on Facial Machines
- Hair Removal
- Free Radicals
- Chemical Peels
- Cosmetic Procedures
- Pre- and Post-operative Care
- Makeup Theory
- Business of the Salon/ Spa World
- Product Sales and Services
- Career Planning- Includes Resume building, preparing for licensure, and work in the field of esthetics.
At VKMD Institute, we are committed to providing the most up-to-date education and in-depth techniques to help you become top of your craft. Let us help you achieve your goals and launch a successful career in the exciting and rewarding field of esthetics. Schedule a tour today!