At VKMD Institute of Medical Aesthetics, we understand the importance of receiving proper foundational training to ensure a successful career in the field of esthetics. Our owners are a dynamic duo who have built the premiere full-service medical spa and wellness center in Colorado Springs, and they opened this school with the intention of creating the highest standard of education for up and coming estheticians.
Our curriculum and teaching environment has been strategically-designed to provide students with a real-world experience throughout the course of the program from start to finish. The skills our students will gain throughout their education with us are critical to their success long after graduation, which is where most schools tend to fall short. We place a heavy emphasis on business development, resume-building, in-depth client care, creating successful customized treatment plans, personal development, and more.
We focus on quality versus quantity, which is why our students will find our class sizes on the smaller side, focused solely on esthetics, and internship opportunities at their medical spa for further exposure and experience within the medical aesthetics industry to get a head-start.
Have a question that’s not answered here? Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or text/call at (719) 988-3141
Our school is different from others because our founders also own the esteemed medical spa Springs Body Sculpting in Colorado Springs. This unique partnership allows us to offer hands-on opportunities with cutting-edge devices that no other school can provide, as well as exposure to top skin care lines and other industry-leading products.
Furthermore, we offer internship opportunities at our Medical Spa to help students gain real-world experience and learn from seasoned professionals in the field. We do everything possible to prepare you to excel in your career right from the start, whether you’re interested in working at a spa or pursuing a career in medical esthetics.
At VKMD Institute, we are committed to providing a comprehensive and advanced curriculum that covers all aspects of esthetics, including hands-on training, safety, sanitation, disinfection, chemistry, anatomy, physiology, skin analysis, and much more. Our experienced instructors are passionate about teaching and helping students reach their full potential. Come join us, and let us help you launch a successful career in the exciting and rewarding field of esthetics.
Credits / Hours / Course Information
Length: 600 hrs/20 Credits
To be completed over 5 Months In-person for full time and 8 months for part time
- 7 Credits / (210 Hours) Facials & Skin Care
- 3 Credits / (90 Hours) Hair Removal
- 1 Credit / (30 Hours) Facial Makeup
- 1 Credits / (30 Hours) Law, Rules & Regulation
- 1 Credit / (30 Hours) Management, Ethics, Interpersonal skills & Salesmanship
- 7 Credits / (210 Hours) Disinfection, Sanitation & SafeWork Practices
Our Esthetics program is designed to train each student to have the skills , safe judgment, proper work habits, and positive attitude to not only pass the State Board examination but also to excel as an Esthetician or a in another related area of work.
- Solo esthetician practitioner
- Business owner
- Beauty school instructor
- Brow shaping specialist
- Hair Removal specialist
- Makeup artist
- Advanced Waxing specialist
- Lash Extension artist
- Medical/advanced Aesthetician
- Permanent makeup artist
Tuition & Fees
Upcoming Course Dates
Other Important Information
- Students are required to wear black scrubs with clean close-toed shoes
- Students are required to bring a tablet or laptop to school on a daily basis for CIMA virtual curriculum
- Current In-House payment installment plan options (if denied for third party financing and cannot pay in full upfront) after initial $1500 down payment has been paid upon enrollment before class begins
- 1 payment in full of $9,349.00 due the first day of class
- 2 payments of $4674.50 with first payment due on the first day of class and the second payment due four weeks later
- 3 payments of $3,116.33 with first payment due first day of class with remaining payments due every four weeks for the next 8 weeks of the program
- 4 payments of $2,337.25 with first payment due first day of class with remaining payments due every four weeks for the next 12 weeks of the program
- 5 payments of 1869.80 with first payment due first day of class with remaining payments due every four weeks for the next 16 weeks of the program
- 6 payments of $1558.16 with first payment due first day of class with remaining payments due every 4 weeks for the next 20 weeks of the program, and the last payment must be made prior to the last day of class and taking state board exams
- There will be a late-fee charge of $25 per day each payment is late (unless the due date falls on a weekend or holiday, which in that case payment will be due upon the next day of class after the break).
- The course is taught in-person at our facility
- Full-time day classes are Tuesday-Friday 8:30 AM-4:30 PM with a minimum of one Saturday per month during the second portion of the program
- Part-time evening classes are Monday-Thursday 5:00-9:00 PM with a minimum of one Saturday per month during the second portion of the program
What Do you Teach in Your Class?
Hands-on training with classroom theory and didactics:
At VKMD Institute, we understand that becoming a successful esthetician requires more than just book learning. That’s why we offer thorough practical hands-on training that will ensure your level of confidence and ease while providing treatments with advanced techniques and ensure your success in this field. We also include hands-on education for a live working spa environment so that our students may develop the necessary skills to perform day-to-day operations which will enhance their overall functional skills from start-to-finish for optimal client care.
Our program begins with the necessary foundational basics of esthetics, in addition to some other crucial (but often neglected) topics, including but not limited to:
- Facial Treatments
- Skin Analysis
- Makeup application and contouring basics
- Product knowledge
- Paraffin Treatments
- Facial and body waxing
- Hair removal
- Multi-function high frequency and galvanic machine
- LED facial therapy
- Acne treatment solutions
- Brow shaping
- Lash lift and tint
- Body treatments
- Anatomy & Physiology
- Disinfection, infection control, sanitation, cleaning and safe work practices
- Laws, rules, and regulations
- Management, ethics, interpersonal skills, and salesmanship
- Marketing, business skills, and operational development
- Retail sales skills
- State boards exams preparation
At VKMD Institute, we are committed to providing the most thorough up-to-date theoretical education, and in-depth practical hands-on techniques to help you become the top of your craft. We know that employers are looking for because we have employed many estheticians over our collective years of experience as medical spa owners ourselves. We have thus designed our entire program to give our students a more comprehensive educational experience than the average norm. This not only makes our students more attractive candidates to potential employers but will also help to facilitate their transition into the constant evolving modern esthetics industry.
We understand that our students have many choices for esthetics schools and we are therefore honored when they entrust us for their education. We strive to create a culture of achievement and camaraderie amongst our staff and students, building long-term personal and professional relationships with each other as both colleagues and mentors!
Let us help you achieve your goals and launch a successful career in the exciting industry of esthetics. Schedule a tour today!